Friday, November 23, 2012

A modest domestic party

Our good friend (and vicar) John is working hard to upstart a new business, the website of which will go live next week.  Nathan and I intended to hold court at our place, but when John realized he needed to continue working on Thanksgiving we decided to move our cooking party to John's place to as to blend with his sewing party.  The result was a calm and pleasant day.  I was particularly proud of my pie, which was the first time I've made the entire thing, crust included, from scratch.  Hazzah!

I made:
- kale chips (eaten as an appetizer, not pictured)
- Red Red (spicy bean stew of sorts)
- roasted potatoes with rosemary
- nom nom nom pumpkin pie (from scratch, including my first crust)

Brant made:
- green bean casserole
- bacon
- supplied giant smoked turkey wings

Kevin made:
- stuffing
- cranberry sauce
- rolls (warming in the oven, not pictured)
- pecan and chocolate chip pie

John made:
- torch-finished the smoked turkey wings

Nathan made:
- an excellent supervisor ("Can I eat it yet?  How 'bout now?  Um, and now?")

Seems more appropriate to celebrate with my face stuffed: Wowwrrah!







No comments:

Post a Comment