Thursday, April 19, 2012

May not be duct tape, but it works

Last week I came home from a run only to find this:




From what I can best put together, the blame goes to Sadie and her sprinting drills.  The tear is a 90 degree angle, each arm about two inches long.  My small needle and thread sewing kit was nearby but I needed a patch of some sort, plus I hadn't the energy and I needed to head back out soon for something else.  So I patched it with the quickest way accessible: scotch tape.


I pointed out the patch to Nathan so his just about 6 foot long self wouldn't tear the patch off while rearranging in his sleep.  He laughed at me for a good ten minutes straight.  I swear I could hear Red Green joining in with the laughter from far away.  Nathan: "Seriously??"  Another minutes of solid laughter.  "That's so ghetto.  You have to document that."  *Sigh*  Don't worry, I already did.

With the race last weekend and my hobbling recovery while working nine to ten hours a day, the patch has not yet been replaced.  But!  It has also held for a week now.  Hazzah!  Today I have off since I will be working this Saturday and so will play a little Suzie Homemaker for a handful of things.

1 comment:

  1. fuzzy wuzzy had some hair
    fuzzy wuzzy had a tear
    fuzzy wuzzy wasn't fuzzy
    was he?

    ReplyDelete