Friday, April 13, 2012

Headed to CT

Today marks the end of my 4th week of my final affiliation -- meaning this coming Wednesday I'll hit half way.  Time is flying out the window.  To do: fill out my midterm, put together a literature review presentation (topic tba), process paperwork for graduation, apply for the licensure exam.  My parents have confirmed their flight and hotel for graduation.  It'll be their first time visiting NYC.  I'm super excited to show them where I've spent the last ~7 years.

But all that will wait until after this weekend.  Tomorrow is the Traprock 50k, my test run for the big dance in May (Bear Mtn of insane mileage).  Full honesty -- I get a little nervous about how last year's big dance has become this year's "prep" race.  What did I get myself into?!?  I'll find out in the coming weeks. 

The nice thing about trail races is the steeper inclines and rockier surface can necessitate lots of hiking, so you are not running 100% of the time.  Makes for a longer day, but not as all-out-until-you-vomit like road races.  Plus being in the woods is calming for me.  But don't get me wrong -- my heart usually is beating out of my chest for the entire week before a big race, regardless of what it is.  Lots of pausing for a deep breath!  Whew.  At least having so many patients requiring maximum assist for transfers and other therapeutic activities supplies distractions for 9 hours a day. 

We're leaving straight after work tonight.  Yahoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment