Monday, January 30, 2012

Another Sunday

Tuesday at noon marks the opening of registration for the TNF Endurance Challenge series.  I'm sure that the Bear Mountain race will not sell out any time soon, but my usual bouncing excitement means I need to git-r-done so that I may hope for an inkling of attention span at work.

Yesterday's run was back in the Palisades, my weekly home away from home.  I made it about a mile further than I have before on foot, so that my turnaround was at the base of Alpine Hill.  It's fun to reach distances on my own that previously were reached by bicycle.  Since the write-up for my need-it-to-graduate capstone project is in super overdrive, today (and perhaps the next handful of posts) will be on the shorter side.  Since some have previously inquired as to where I run, here's a 3-part map of yesterday (from www.gmap-pedometer.com).  In the coming month or two I hope to make it up Alpine Hill to tag the end of the Palisades Road where it ends at the highway just a tad off the top of this map.



I must admit, the fact that I needed to make three maps to fit it all in clearly (since I was using simple screen shots) makes it feel rather satisfying.  And below is the elevation profile for the start through the turnaround at mile 10.6, so everything that is run up must then be run down and vice versa.  If the Palisades Road were flat then I wouldn't return to it so often.  Between miles two and three is invalid, as that is on the George Washington Bridge which for some reason never registers with the correct elevation. 


No comments:

Post a Comment