Wednesday, November 30, 2011

16 days and counting

That is, 16 days if you count any and all days between now and our last didactic final exam of graduate school.  If you count only those days requiring an appearance at school, this drops to nine remaining days.

I'm definitely feeling it; simultaneously looking forward to the coming summer's life changes, and yet nervous over the need to make decisions (including financially locking myself into those decisions) for a time frame in which I don't know what to expect.  The good news is that there is light at the end of the tunnel, one way or the other.  Supposedly our last two affiliations will finally be posted "by the end of this week."  For us that means tomorrow.  For the prof in charge of assigning us that may mean Friday.  I am lucky that I already know my fourth and final affil (Tejas with little kiddos!), but I would love to know where I am going for January-March (and when I start)....

Lots of studying, project completion, research smatterings, etc, are left to do.  Last night I was studying for today's exam.  Merus has become an intermittent lap cat now that the temperature has dropped.  Sadie, on the other hand, still prefers in-your-face attention.  She'll sit at the edge of your notes, then do a little wiggle-creep maneuver to sit on the corner, then another wiggle-creep to sit smack in the middle of the page.  I pick her up and set her across the table.  She sits on the paper.  I pick her up, move her off.  She sits on the paper.  I move her off, onto the floor.  She sits on the paper....  Intrepid, that one.  So much so that it yielded this:


No comments:

Post a Comment