Thursday, December 15, 2011

One more to go...

Twelve hours from now I'll begin the last exam of my graduate didactic career.  You have no idea how ready I am for this.

Lots of changes are already happening, including no longer going to Tejas and instead staying in NYC to work with traumatic brain injury (TBI) at a major neuro hospital's outpatient clinic.  Super uber ultra stoked for that one.  I'll have tons of stories, since there are an incredibly amount of behavioral issues involved with TBIs.  More on that to come.

In the meantime, I am have about two weeks' worth of oversaturation taking its toll.  Four o'clock in the afternoon feels like midnight (and I usually go to bed at ten).  My vision is blurry even when wearing glasses, which is unique to finals week rather than a suddenly outdated prescription.  The kittehs either run in manic crazes or lay in apathetic lumps depending on which affect I exude for their absorption on a given day.  The apartment is an absolute mess by my standards, though probably back to its former self if you were to ask Nathan or our roommate.  Words and phrases from my notes are morphed into the lyrics of whatever song is in my head.

Imagine the musical tune of Wham!'s "Last Christmas" (since that's what was blasting at the grocery store when I picked up dinner and thus what remains in my head) but with the lyrics: "madibulomeniscal inferior compartment is hinge joint contributing the roll/spin of early mandibular depression."  Can't you hear it?  Rather than the line "but the very next day you gave it away (gave it away)" you sing "inferior compartment is a hiiiinge joint (hiiiinge joint)."

Oh my....

No comments:

Post a Comment