Saturday, November 5, 2011

Count down to tomorrow

Picture me jumping around like a big nerd.  Yes, that is my normal.  Big deal.  Now amp it up to the third power.  Me on race day eve!  I think I've even managed to exhaust the kittehs.

*bounce*bounce*bounce*bounce*

Check my previous spectator post for links to following racers online or on your smart phone.  I think the apps are free unless you want the fancy version.  Skip the SMS text thing.  Both Nathan and I start in the first wave at 9:40 a.m.

Me: bib #12503, orange, wave #1.
Nathan: bib #10343, blue, wave #1.

The kit: white visor, light blue cap sleeve, black shorts, white calf sleeves, silver and blue shoes.  Black arm warmers will get removed once am warmed up.
Marshall Ulrich was at the expo yesterday in his own tiny booth off to the side.  He was plugging his book about his race across the US (San Fransisco to NYC). Apparently he will be at the half way point.  I would LOVE to get a high five from him.

Also, Michael Wardian will be in the elite crowd.  If you remember the results from the TNF Kansas City 50k, he's the one who swamped everyone even starting a half hour after the rest of the field.  He was easily cruising at twice my speed when he sailed past me. 

Big pre-race thanks to Laura (schoolmate, a.k.a. my Subconscious) for planting yourself along the course with some extra gels and N's allergy backup.  Same thanks to John for offering your place for bag storage and post-race meetup so that we don't have to mess with the super chaotic bag drop.

Now back to paper writing.  Deadlines are not sympathetic towards marathons....

No comments:

Post a Comment