Sunday, September 9, 2012

Portal for peanut butter cups

Storms rolled through the city yesterday.  Late morning got exciting what with a tornado in Queens (see pictures and video here).  From what I hear the result was mere property damage.  Figures that it was barely an occurrence -- as of late, natural disasters (blizzard 2010, eastern seaboard earthquake of 2011, hurricane Irene of 2011) only strike NYC when I am not there but traveling alone to Kansas City.

Later, some friends were coming over for dinner just as a new bout of storms came over Harlem.  In the bottom right corner you can see the front line. 
I didn't have my camera out quick enough to catch the front as it marched across the sky.  It was moving fast.  The white blob in the center had been an open hole granting odd glimpse at a blue sky. 

My mind recounted movie scenes where the hole is a portal for alien space ships (a la The Avengers).  In keeping with Mother Nature's agreement aforementioned agreement, nothing came of it aside from normal rain.  Instead, Nathan brought home Reese's.  "I figured it makes an appropriate one week anniversary gift."  *Sigh*  I don't think I'll ever manage to kick the habit....

No comments:

Post a Comment