Sunday, May 13, 2012

"That Pier By The Sewage Plant"

Almost exactly one year ago I posted this photo on Flickr of a building atop the Hudson around 135th street that has something to do with the DEP or sanitation or whatnot:

Untitled, by moi.
At the time, my friend Indy was starting to paint with much more frequency.  He asked if he could paint it, to which I immediately agreed.  He's become quite prolific these days, and has produced tens of works between then and now.  I'd almost forgotten about it until yesterday when I saw it on his kitchen table work station.  Today it is finished!  My photo a la surrealism.  Rather flattering stuff.

"That Pier By The Sewage Plant," by Indrajeet Chandrachud.

You can see the this and of many of his other works here.  He also has photos of them on Tumblr.  Nathan said his stuff reminds him of the architectural paintings by De Chirico from the ~1930s. 

Pretty cool, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment