Monday, May 30, 2011

Wandering thoughts

I keep finding things to think about other than tomorrow's comprehensive exam.  I skipped the Holiday Marathon fun run today.  With the potential heat and its late start time of 10am, it was not reasonable considering the preparation needed for tomorrow.  Did my own half marathon on the Triboro and Queensboro bridge loop.  Avoided the mega-heat but was still dripped with sweat like I stepped out of a pool.  Then in the early afternoon I studied for four hours with a schoolmate who lives nearby.  We are all ready to move on.

Weekend runs are wonderfully peaceful for the first half.  The second half only gets diminished by the masses joining you outside.  (The increased heat during the second half also lessens the fun of it, but that is merely seasonal and regional.)  The quiet and calm make me love the city again, but the throngs of other residents and tourists makes me day dream about the day I get to leave.  I also start thinking of those places currently residing on my list of possibilities.  In no specific order, Boulder/Denver, Seattle, central/north New Mexico, maybe northern California.

One day....

No comments:

Post a Comment