Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Vanishing snow

Woke up to a couple inches of snow, enough to cover everything completely, and dense fog so that I could not see the hay bales fifty feet away.  I was worried since both my new mattress set and actual internet were to arrive today.  But then the sun came up.  By a half hour later I could see a figment of the outline of the horse stables.  An hour still, and had full visibility in the valley with fog covering the foothills and beyond.  A little later I looked up - mountains still covered - to then look back five minutes later and they were in full, unobstructed view.  I took a walk in the sun with but speckles of sjow left.  By the time the mattress guys arrived at 11:30 it looked as though nothing had happened at all. 

The internet guy?  No show.  And no call either.  F***er.  He had a window from 1:00-5:00, so I tried to be reasonable and give him the full opportunity to show.  At exactly 5:00 I called the local intermediary that was to do the installation.  Voicemail kicks in because they close at 5:00.  I left a not so nice message about waisting my time.  It will be repeated in excess tomorrow morning.

And so I continue to peck away.

Same window view, all within a 2-hour time frame:

No comments:

Post a Comment