Thursday, April 11, 2013

48 hours and counting

This week, my Friday is truly a Friday.  I normally Saturdays, though this Saturday marks the start of our VAAAAAACAAAAATION.

I'm just a wee bit excited.  It's all I have thought about for the last week.  I wrote out my packing list last weekend.  I've kept a calendar of the weather outlook and have updated each day.  At work I find myself snapping back to reality to find a long pause from whoever was talking to me, since I zoned out and went to a mental pre-vacation happy place instead of listening to them complain.  I probably look much like those with temporal seizures, fading out and fading back in.  (I apologize and ask them to repeat, and then have to fight the urge to zone out again.  Means I'm doing a lot of gratuitous nodding to try and stay with what they are saying.)

Tonight:
  - haircut
  - last minute shopping

Tomorrow/Friday:
  - try to not annoy every patient by bouncing up and down continuously
  - pack!

Saturday:
  - 7:00am bus to Boston
  - lunch with Nathan's friend
  - marathon expo

Sunday:
  - walk, relax, bed early

Monday:
  - marathon 10:00am
  - lunch at Friendly Toast (hopefully)
  - fly to Denver

Tuesday to Friday:
  - who knows.  We've been so stressed out that we don't have a strong itinerary.  One day at a time.

Saturday:
  - flat trail race in Denver area (I'll probably do the short race and run it really slow, head always turned toward the mountainous back drop like a plant towards the sun)

Sunday:
  - slow morning as we wish
  - back to NYC

Monday:
  - go to new Jackie Robinson film
  - pretend we are still on vacation
  - snuggle with kittens

I don't care what weather we encounter.  I'll take anything and everything, because it will be some place else instead of New York. 

Off to try and focus on the remaining two work days....

No comments:

Post a Comment